1.7

I had an order for about $1200 in different items. I had 2 of the "hunting" 556 5rd mags on the order. I was getting ready for a hunting trip and was getting rid of the oil and other odors on my gear. I wiped the mags with a paper towels and they still smelled so I used hot water and some soap like I do to everything else. Water can be diluted by alcohol so I poured some on and in the mag. The black coating came off and made a *** of a mess, so I called Midway to tell them about it. The lady that answered the phone immediately said that I could not return it because I had altered it. This is total @^#% @$^^@$% #%&$ Bull $hit!!! I wasn't even wanting a refund. I was calling to tell them about an issue with a product. What an A$$ Hole. I was going to coat it with cerakote myself... All that black *** on my hand is the coating from the mag I cleaned...not altered. The magnet picks up the mag housing and the spring. the housing may be a type of 400 series SS but it is not very corrosive resistant . High hardness in heat treating will increase the corrosive resistance of the metal, but it will still rust. The floor plate is nonmagnetic and that implicates it is SS. The spring had corrosion on it from a previous source.

Robert

Former 10th SFGA & 1/75th Ranger Bn.

BSME, BSEE / Retired Engineer

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of ar stoner ss 556 5 round magazine and associated monetary loss in the amount of $35. Midwayusa needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned ar stoner ss 556 5 round magazine in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Midwayusa. You can also consider other companies suggested by the author: Cabelas or Gander Mountain.

Had an Experience with Midwayusa?

Comments

From reading your post - what was your attitude with the lady in customer service ?She was probably just following a checklist?

Customer service with any company can be luck of the draw.

I've used midways customer service 2x, and had a better results both times. BUT I did not call while pissed off and swearing. Been using them for years.

You said you didn't want a refund and planned to re-coat yourself. Cleaning a magazine with alcohol must be a SF thing.

22 years of service and never had a new mag, (or AR) but never used alcohol to clean them either.There is a complaint on AR Stoner Spring on another "campfire" web site - read the explanation.

MidwayUSA_CustomerService

Good afternoon Robert,

We certainly apologize for the poor experience you recently had with one of our Customer Service representatives.We appreciate your feedback with regard to the AR Stoner magazine; your product review has been forwarded to the appropriate department for review.

If you need further assistance or have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3220. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CT.

You can also send us an email by visiting our website, clicking "Contact Us" and filling out the form.Thanks for Your Business!

to MidwayUSA_CustomerService #1107408

you no longer get my business.gone back to Brownells, MidSouth and anyone else other than you...you have now lost over $2000 in purchases I have made to other dealers.

You never offered to remedy this issue, avoided me when I called about speaking to a supervisor.

You never returned my calls when I asked for someone to contact me.This level of customer service matches Comcast and Bank of America...

Robert